Well, it has been a fun, busy, and full month in the Parkes household. We had Aunt Beth's wedding and got to see family. We went to the zoo, children's museum, pool, and Mama and Daddy went to Gencon. We had lots of fun, but tried to stay out of the heat as much as possible.
Klaus is getting so big and seems to be growing up and reaching new milestones even faster than before. At his last check up he got a big thumbs up. He's right at the 50th percentile on weight and head size...but he is in the 13th percentile for height. He got Mama's genes. I know I just mentioned in my last post that he started holding his own bottle, but he is already done with bottles! He had been doing good with a sippy cup occasionally so I tried taking the bottle away completely for a day and just using a sippy cup. He didn't even bat an eyelash at it. He hasn't had a bottle since. He is starting to eat lots more actual solid foods instead of just baby food. He loves it and is such a good eater! Some of his favorites are pita and hummus, bread, fruit of any kind, noodles, grilled cheese sandwich, squash Mac'n cheese, cottage cheese and pineapple, etc. You'll notice most of his favorites are also my favorites because I just make sure to always share a little of what I'm eating with him. The plan was to make him a healthy eater that enjoyed a variety of foods and it seems to have worked so far. He also always has to eat when I eat and takes a lot of my food which doesn't help with the gaining weight. Oh well.
Klaus is still my little social butterfly. He loves to be on the go and flirt with everyone he meets. He is getting better at communicating too. He's really good at pointing to what he wants. He also has taken to squawking/screaming at something he wants including food. I'm trying to break him of this habit and get him to use the baby sign language. He's only used one sign so far and only a few times. He knows what many of them mean, but just doesn't seem to want to communicate that way. He "talks" all the time now too. Ba ba, da da, ma ma, etc. Not necessarily in relation to anything particular. Just still practicing his sounds and trying to tell me what he wants. He's working on teething some more and not feeling real great today. He has three teeth in already and working on his fourth. This new one is really making him cranky and messing with his sleep.
He's still working on walking, but he hasn't progressed too much more since last month. He still walks holding on to furniture and your hands. Sometimes I can get him to walk while just holding one hand. He'll get there soon. His balance has gotten much better though. His other new trick of late is button pushing. He loves to use just his pointer finger and push all the buttons on his toys. He gets pretty proud of himself when he does it. He does get pretty frustrated though when he pushes what he thinks is a button on a toy and nothing happens. I saw him throw a toy car after spending 5 minutes trying to press what he thought was a button but was just a painted square. I couldn't help but laugh a little.
Ok, I know I'm getting long winded now, but I'll give you a few baby "Alice" updates and then I'll be done. I had a check up a few weeks ago and all was well. Baby had a good strong heartbeat at about 160 beats a minute. I did get in a little trouble for having lost 1 pound since my previous check up. I'm trying to eat more, but the morning sickness is making it difficult to eat much before 11am. Then 14 weeks hit and it was like the morning sickness doubled in intensity. I've thrown up more in the past two weeks than I did the entire first trimester. It's eased a little the past two days, but I still am not hungry in the morning to eat much breakfast. I'm looking forward to having another ultrasound at my September appointment. We'll get to see how big baby has gotten and find out the baby's sex. Then we'll start picking out a name once we know the sex, although we do have a few favorites in mind already. The only other big news is I felt the baby move for the first time this week! Won't be long now before other people can feel the kicks too. This pregnancy just seems to be going so much faster than the last one.
Well, that's about it for now. I have a lot on my to do list for today I need to get to. Everyone enjoy the rest of your week and I'll post again soon.
P.S. In the second picture, Klaus has fudgesicle on his face and he is screaming for another bite.
No comments:
Post a Comment