Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

September 14, 2011

Klaus 11 Months and we're having a Girl!

 

 






Sorry I'm a little late getting this post up. I was waiting for our ultrasound today before I made a post for September. So as you can tell from the title, the big news this post is that the ultrasound told us we are expecting a girl! We are very excited. I personally am a little nervous at the thought of raising a girl, but I am excited that I will get to experience the ups and downs of raising both sexes. Other than finding out the sex, the ultrasound also told us the baby is healthy and developing fine (in case you can't tell from the pictures above). I'm also feeling much better now. The morning sickness has passed finally. I've also gotten some more of my energy back this trimester which has been very nice!

Baby Alice (as she will still be referred to until birth) was also very active today for the camera. She was showing off I guess. Hope that doesn't mean she will be a diva. My mom says it just means she will be my dancer and already likes to perform. This may be true because I feel her moving all the time! Actually, Shea got to feel her kick just last night for the first time. He was very excited! He had just gotten home from a 5 day business trip, so it was a nice welcome home present.

Believe it or not, we already have a name picked out. We had a boy and girl name ready to go once we found out this time, but just not middle names yet. We aren't telling anyone the name again this time. I will tell you the first initial this time is "B." I'll tell you the middle initial once we figure it out. Here is everyone's one big clue on the name...When Shea and I were thinking about names this time, we were trying to find something that fit with the rest of the family names and we realized that all our names are foreign. Angelique-French Sheamus-Irish Klaus-German So we just decided that we would pick another foreign name. That made it really easy to pick something because it narrowed the choices a lot. So your big clue is it is a foreign name and of a different nationality than any of ours (i.e. not French. German, or Irish). That's all you get from us. Happy guessing!

Ok, now for some Klaus updates. He is now completely done with pureed baby food. He eats solid food all the time and is still my good eater. He does have the propensity for carbs over anything else, so I don't offer him bread and such until after he has eaten a good amount of fruit or veg. Just this week he has really started using the sign language pretty consistently and I think finally understands what some of the motions represent. He currently uses the signs for more, milk, and finished. I also have broken him of the habit of screaming for food he wants. I think that came with learning that pointing and sign language worked better to get what he wants.

He has a couple new sounds this month. He says ni, ni (long i sound) a lot now. I always say, "It's time to go night night," anytime I put him down to sleep, so I think that is where it came from. He even says it sometimes when we are going up to bed, so I'm pretty sure he is trying to say night night. He also started kind of singing a little song just the past couple days. He says oo, ah, over and over again and in the same pitch and rhythm. I guess we can officially say his first words are Mama and Dada. He still doesn't call us Mama or Dada to our faces or reach for us when he says it, but if he can't find us or we leave the room he says it calling for us. He also tends to say it when he wants something that we have in our hands. For example, he likes to say Mama when he wants me to bring him my cellphone after he sees me using it.

His fourth tooth has been rough coming in. This past week (while Daddy was out of town of course) was really rough for him. The 4th tooth finally poke through this week, but he has two more that are trying to come in now too. They are really close.

The only other big changes for Klaus this month, is he has a few new games he likes during play time. His favorite is opening and closing boxes or drawers, and putting objects in and out of the box or drawer. This will occupy him quite well while Mama makes dinner. He also has found the bin of dress-up stuff. He doesn't like to put anything on himself, but he pulls out silly hats all day long and brings them to me to wear. He gets the biggest kick out of seeing me in funny hats, pulling them off me, and then handing them to me to wear again. He also likes to mimic now when you stick out your tongue or when you make kissy sounds. He won't use his hand to blow kisses yet, but he'll go around the house making kissy sounds all day.

Well, I think that is about it for the updates for now. We have a full month planned with a bathroom remodel so I probably won't post again until after Klaus's birthday. Can't believe it has almost been a year already! You all take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment