Well, another month seems to have flown by! We were so busy the month of May with Mother's day, Mama's last dance recitals, graduations, etc. that I feel like some how I missed the month. I guess that's why it seems like Klaus has made some big changes over night. Here's the latest:
Klaus is now pulling up by himself on everything! And of course taking a few spills along the way. He is pretty resilient though. He is still working on getting sat back down on his own once he has stood up. He plays standing up at the play table and gates all the time. He loves to hold our hands and walk too. He is still pretty wobbly, but I have the feeling he will be walking in the next month or so. He wants to be on the move. He now sits up just fine by himself and can get out of a seated position without falling over. He is also actually crawling now. He started crawling intermittently with his bunny hoping over the Memorial weekend. Then by Tuesday, I haven't seen a bunny hop any more, all crawling.
In addition to all Klaus's new physical tricks, he has picked up a couple new vocal tricks too. He still isn't saying any words yet. Just the occasional series of Bu bu bu. He is now constantly growling, and doing some kind of a roar/scream. Very boy sounds. Shea and I say he kind of sounds like a little monster now. He tends to do the roaring and growling when he is frustrated at not getting what he wants. He has also incorporated the roar/scream into a new terrible sounding cry when he really doesn't want to do something, like go to bed. Lots of fun for Mama and Daddy let me tell you. But every cloud has a silver lining. In addition to his new growls, he has learned to give kisses. Sometimes when you ask, but usually just whenever he we wants to give you a kiss. Now they are kind of sloppy, open mouth kisses, but it just makes your heart melt when he crawls over to you from across the room, pulls up on your hands and leans over to give you a big old kiss when you weren't expecting it. So sweet! The little fink also seems to be more giving with his kisses when he knows you are very frustrated with his behavior. How can he have that figured out at only 8 months!?
We have done lots of visiting and big events this month that have kept us busy. For my first Mother's day, the boys let me sleep in and play in my garden. Klaus got to play outside in the grass with me for the first time. We now play outside in the grass almost everyday. Klaus loves outside! Especially when I blow soap bubbles for him outside. Daddy also made me steaks for dinner and we dined on the patio while Klaus played in the yard. It was a beautiful night! Since it was Klaus's first time playing in the grass, he did manage to eat a few handfuls of grass and throw up, but he doesn't eat grass anymore now.
I had my last dance recitals for work. It was crazy as always, but a little more so this year because we lots power during one of the shows. Everything went good in the end and the kids did great! I'm now a full-time stay at home mom. I'm enjoying the time with my boy, but I am still missing my students some. The weeks seem really long now. I'm still adjusting a little to the changes.
Then finally at the end of the month we went to Aunt Stasia's high school graduation party and Uncle Gary's high school graduation party. We did lots of visiting with lots of family. Klaus did a good job considering how tired he got and how little napping he did. There are lots of cute pictures from the events on our Picasa site. To recuperate after all that visiting and partying, on Memorial day we took Klaus to the pool for the first time. He loved it! Now whenever we are in the backyard he watches the people at the pool and tries to crawl that direction. I'm going to try to take him back there this week.
Well, that is about all the new tidbits for now. We are just taking it easy now and enjoying the summer weather and a slower month. I also took a lot of little video clips throughout the month (the longest is 5 minutes, but most are about 2 minutes long). I've been behind getting them posted on youtube.com and shared, so here are a ridiculous amount of links to cute Klaus videos if you would like to check them out. I may make another short blog post to share more of the links. There are descriptions for them on youtube.com to help you know what is in each video. Enjoy!
Klaus standing by himself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=letpiidEkZY
Klaus at the pool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jhpc8Oe_gA
Klaus and Spencer playing at Gary's graduation party
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upbHtVWQBuc
Klaus and Spencer don't like cake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITA-qMJ9RIk
Klaus and Spencer don't like cake part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhxfkPCMqY
Klaus and Liam playing at Stasia's Graduation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG3h1hh1v5o
Klaus being tickled and cackling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1mqpM7yAwg
No comments:
Post a Comment