My boy is getting so big! I've been watching the changes, but it seems like he hit 7 months and now he is no longer a baby. He is such a little man in his actions and his appearance. We are having so much fun interacting with him at this stage, but I just look at Klaus sometimes now and get a little sad thinking how grown up he is already. Here are some of the ways he has changed over the past few weeks.
I weighed him at home on our bathroom scale, and he is up to 19lbs and 3oz. I think he has grown a little taller too, but he is still my shortie. I have to roll up his pant legs. He is out growing clothes again already! I bought a ton of 6-9 months clothes, but some of them are already tight. He's been wearing some of his 12 month clothes this week. Luckily, I hit a yard sale this weekend and found a few more 12 month clothes.
All the growing has to be do to his eating habits. Just in the past week he has upped his solid food intake. He now eats level 2 sizes of jarred baby food. He eats about 3 of those a day. He eats a 4oz bottle with each of those, and then eats a 6oz bottle when he isn't having solids. He is still my good eater and will eat just about any fruit or veggie I put in front of him. He got to try blends of fruit and veggie this week and really liked them. He will not eat the rice cereal anymore, so I'm going to try the baby oatmeal next.
What can he do now? Pretty much anything he wants! He is mobile now. We had to put up the baby gates last weekend. We have decided his version of a crawl is a bunny hop learned from Clover, but it gets him where he wants to go and pretty fast.
He can now sit up without support, but he need help getting in a seated position. And he will eventually just fall over when he his tired of it.
He just started trying to pull up on things and stand on his own this weekend. His favorite thing to pull up on is Mama and Daddy. He is getting pretty good at it. Once we help get him standing, he will stand by himself holding onto a piece of furniture for a while.
He rolls constantly to help him get where he is going. He just this week decided he wants to roll away while getting a diaper changed, and roll over while you are trying to give him a bath. It is making things a little more challenging. He is getting really strong and heavy, so I can't always just overpower him now.
He has been playing a lot with his tongue this week too. He imitates me when I stick my tongue out or lick my lips.
And finally, the one I don't understand, he has started growling. He makes a deep, guttural noise in his throat like a growl or a grunt. He does it when he is frustrated some times, but he also just does it occasionally for no reason. You can catch a preview of it at the end of the video where he is playing with tissue paper. Just turn the volume all the way up.
Klaus has become my rough and tumble boy. His hair is long enough to get messy finally, and it usually is. He doesn't like to have his face wiped off. He doesn't want to get washed in the bath, just splash and play. He doesn't like to have lotion put on. He tries to roll away and play naked when I change his diaper (which did lead to a peeing on the carpet accident this weekend). He likes playing outside in the dirt, grass, and leaves (and eating the grass until he throws up). When he wants to go after a toy or a person (or rabbit) and something is blocking his path (pillow, toy, etc.) he just crawls right over the top of it like a steam roller instead of moving it or going around it. Now he is growling.. a lot. Oh my, he is all boy!
Other than the usual day to day stuff around here, we did do lots of visiting this past month for Easter. Klaus is so social! He loves playing with all his family members: Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, etc. He also loves playing with other babies and older kids like his cousins Spencer and Annabell. He is really starting to interact with the bunny a lot, and with the dogs at Grandma Cher's house. We are still working on open hand petting instead of grabbing and pulling fur. He does better sometimes more than others. I'm amazed how long the bunny will sit and let Klaus "pet" him before he gets annoyed and moves on. The bunny will even just lay on the floor relaxed when he sees Klaus steam rolling right for him. The bunny really loves Klaus, and goes up to Klaus all the time wanting Klaus to pet him. He'll get the hang of it eventually. I have this feeling they will be partners in crime before long.
I have had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! Hope all you other mothers have as well. I spent so much time with my boys. They spoiled me a little and let me sleep in, garden, and get some chores done without "help." We spend a lot of time outside. Klaus loves outside! Looks like he will be my gardening buddy this summer. I'm really excited about that!
I'm off to go relax with my husband now and enjoy the last of my Mother's Day weekend. You all do the same and I'll post again soon.
P.S. Click on the following links below to see videos of some of Klaus's latest antics if you haven't already seen them on facebook.
http://youtu.be/83fs19B4_kE
http://youtu.be/gv2Iq_ojuJw
http://youtu.be/V3mc3IYX6M8
http://youtu.be/Ri8abJFijzI
No comments:
Post a Comment