Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

April 7, 2011

Half a year gone!





Klaus is now 6 months old! I can't believe how fast it has gone, but are loving watching him grow and change. We have had a crazy past couple weeks in our house! Some good stuff, some not so good, but mostly just life happening. Klaus, now Daddy, and now Grandma Cher have all been fighting off a virus for the past few weeks. Klaus also got an ear infection, and his antibiotic is giving him diarrhea and therefore a diaper rash. Amazingly, through all that, he has still been my smiley, happy boy. He gets fussy when he's tired or has to take his breathing treatments, but other than that he's been in wonderful spirits. Hope he and Daddy are all better soon. Mama is also ready to get back to our old eating, napping, and sleeping through the night routines.

In more positive news, Klaus is getting bigger and developing more everyday. At his 6 month check up this week he weighed 18lbs 4.5oz, and he measured 26in long. He has pretty much outgrown everything, but I made it to the baby resale yesterday and stocked back up on clothes. I also splurged and bought a big wooden train set. Uncle Cory will be so jealous.

Klaus is so coordinated now. He can grab anything he wants, and pass it back and forth between his hands. He can rotate in his activity center now. He still loves to stand up (with help). He is getting so close to sitting on his own and crawling. Check out the link to see his recent crawling attempts.

http://youtu.be/N6hzQjr6fgY

He is doing great with his solid foods. He will eat pretty much anything I give him. I think we have decided that sweet potatoes are his all time favorite, but he hasn't tried many fruits yet. We have played around with a sippy cup some, which he thinks is fun but hasn't got the hang of yet. I'm planning on ramping up the amount of solid foods in his diet once he starts feeling better.

Daddy and I are starting to teach Klaus sign language to hopefully help him to communicate with us. I think he is definitely starting to recognize some of the signs, like milk and diaper. It will be a little while still I think before he can do the signs himself. We are having fun with it, and it would be awesome if it works for him to communicate to us what he wants.

Other than Daddy feeling a little under the weather, things are going good for him at work. He is going to Boston in a few months to do a presentation at a Society of Actuaries quarterly meeting...and I get to go with him...and the company is paying for me to go! We are looking forward to a few days vacation just the two of us. Neither of us has been to Boston before. Klaus will have lots of fun at the Divine hotel again. I even bought him a swimsuit this weekend at the baby sale so he will be ready to play in the pool or the pond.

I have been doing good with work too, but it looks like I'm just about done with it. For many reasons (Klaus, teachers graduating college, the economy, babysitters, gas prices, etc.) we are making changes at work and I've decided I'm going to be done after the recital in May. I'm going to get back to teaching again somewhere in the next few years (or maybe sooner), but for now I'm going to enjoy the opportunity and luxury of staying home with my baby. I'm starting to get excited thinking about taking Klaus to the pool this summer, and the zoo, and meeting Daddy for lunch downtown, etc. I am planning on taking some more adult classes again (ballet, Pilates, yoga, etc.) so I can have some Mommy time.

Well, that is all the updates for now. I'm going to relax for a while now, but I'll post again soon.

Also, for fun check out this other Klaus video too.

http://youtu.be/okft27uW2wA

No comments:

Post a Comment