Here you will find the current updates for the Parkes family, but mostly updates about our offspring.
March 15, 2011
5 Months
The past couple weeks have been busy for the whole family. Klaus has had quite a few major milestones, and Mama and Daddy have just been busy with work and play. Here's the rundown in mostly chronological order (because I'm a type A personality).
On February 25th, Klaus rolled from his back to his tummy by himself for the first time. After doing it once, he now does it constantly. He might as well be considered mobile now. If you leave the room and come back, he will definitely be in a different place and position. He is strong enough now to lay on his tummy and hold his head up for as long as he wants. He now rolls onto his side or tummy to sleep almost every time we lay him down. Just this morning I found him on his tummy with his head at the foot of his crib, which is not at all how I laid him down last night. Now he is trying to crawl so bad. He lies on his tummy and tucks his legs up underneath himself; then he pushes with his legs and rolls to his back at the same time. It propels him enough to get where ever he wants to go. I'm going to try and catch it on video and post it. It is pretty funny to watch. I think at this rate he will be crawling by the end of the month.
On the first weekend in March, Klaus had his first sleepover without Mama or Daddy. Mama and Daddy went to a local boardgaming convention for a couple days of adult time, and Klaus stayed with Grammie Connie and Gramps at the Divine house. Cousin Spencer came and spent the night with them too. Mama struggled a little leaving her boy, but everyone else did just fine. Klaus had so much fun! He got to go to a high school basketball game, he went shopping for his first pair of shoes, Aunt Casie gave him a bath, and he got to play with Spencer. When he got home he slept a long time! Looks like he is going to have to do some more sleepovers in the near future so other grandmas don't get too jealous.
Finally, Klaus has started eating baby food. He's been eating rice cereal for a few weeks now, but this week we tried our first veggie. He ate squash for the past three days and did pretty well with it. Today he tried peas, and apparently he likes peas much better than squash. I couldn't give it to him fast enough. We'll definitely be having peas again...and hopefully next time he won't sneeze them all over me when I have just put a big spoonful in his mouth. He thought I had lost my mind because I started laughing so hard after sneezed peas everywhere.
That is most of the major milestones for now. Other than that, he is just growing like a weed! He is swiftly out growing his current wardrobe, but I'm trying to hold off buying new things until warmer weather gets here. I'm trying to avoid buying two season's worth of clothes in the next size up.
Well, I'm on spring break from work this week, and Daddy is on a business trip for a few days. So this week we get to have a lot of Mama and Klaus bonding time! I'm excited! I'm sure I'll get a few good pictures to share and hopefully a video or two. Six months is right around the corner, so I'll be posting again soon. I'm still trying to decide if I will get professional 6 month pictures taken of Klaus, and trying to decide what I should get him for Easter. Hmm?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment