Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

January 17, 2011

3 Months Old


So we survived our first Christmas with a baby. It was actually very wonderful sharing Christmas with Klaus. We started a couple new family traditions, and I've got a list of others I will start as Klaus gets older. It was a little exhausting doing all the traveling, but it was neat having Klaus spend time with all his family. He even let people hold him and pass him around for hours at a time without getting fussy. He was quite the social butterfly.

So how is the little guy growing: He is now 3 months old (15 weeks today actually). He holds his head up by himself now and loves to sit up or stand up (with help of course) to look around at everything. I have to guess at his weight using our scale at home, but I believe he weighs about 15lbs as of this weekend. Thank goodness for all those bigger clothes we got at Christmas. He's up to eating about 6oz every 2 hours to maintain that weight. He's only nursing once a day now at breakfast. We'll just have to see how much longer he keeps that up.

He's still sleeping through the night (about 10-12 hours), with the occasional random wake up around 4 am for some reason. He actually is starting to nap more too. I think we are wearing him out with all the playtime these days.

We have so much fun playing! He grabs and plays with toys now, and puts everything in his mouth. He still loves music and really enjoys being sung to and dancing with Mama (or even just watching Mama dance). He babbles and smiles and giggles, which encourages Mama to make a fool of herself for him all the time. He's getting great at tummy time. He can hold his head up now and lasts about 5 minutes before he gets tired. We keep working on rolling over. A couple times now he has rolled over from his tummy to his back, but he isn't consistent yet. He still hasn't rolled from his back to his tummy by himself yet. He's getting closer though if you encourage him to reach for a toy at his side.

Two of his favorite things right now are story time and bath time. Mama does bath time with him usually, and he has discovered that he can splash with his hands and feet. So he spends the whole bath time splashing Mama. I get almost as wet as he does by the time we're through. He also just loves being naked, our little exhibitionist. Story time is usually every evening after dinner with Daddy. He started out reading him a couple board books a night, but Daddy got a little bored with those. So now they are quickly working their way through Mama's collection of Dr. Seuss and pulling out the occasional old favorite of Mama and Dad's kids books (Giant Jam Sandwich, If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, etc.). At this rate I think I'm going to have to pick up some more kids books.

As far as Mama and Daddy go, we are doing good too. Shea is officially an actuary now and done with testing! I don't which of us is more excited about that. I'm back at work again after the holiday and working hard on recital stuff. I'm also working on losing this baby weight. It's coming along pretty well, but Klaus doesn't always allow me to work out so I've got a ways to go still. I'm hoping to get back to adult dance classes soon too.

I just wanted to bring you up to speed since I hadn't posted anything in a while. Sounds like the boy is up from his nap, so I need to take off. Look for more from us soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment