Here you will find the current updates for the Parkes family, but mostly updates about our offspring.
December 6, 2010
Klaus is 2 Months Old
Things have been going very well on the baby front. Klaus is just the best baby we could ask for. He keeps developing more everyday. He is now "talking" and smiling at everyone (but especially at mama). He is swatting at toys and especially loves Winnie the Pooh toys. He is happy laying by himself for quite a while playing and looking around at everything. For the past two weeks he pretty much sleeps 10 hours a night. He is eating fine now and putting on weight. Today at the doctor he weighed in at 11 lbs and 11 ounces, but he is only 21.5" tall. He might have a few of mama's genes.
Klaus's first Thanksgivings went well. He attended four of them and was very well behaved at all of them. He let everyone hold him and got to meet even more family. He still has a little more to meet hopefully over Christmas. He did excellent on our first long car ride. We planned it so we hit the road as soon as he was done eating and he slept the whole way there. We did have a little up-chucking episode after the long car ride though because daddy decided to take the curvy back roads to avoid traffic and have a prettier drive. Lesson learned. We also had a week long visit from our friends Brandon and Kayla over Thanksgiving. Klaus says they can come back and visit anytime (and thanks for the Emperor's New Groove movie, squeak squeaker squeakit).
I officially started back to work this week. Classes went well and the kids were great. I forgot how much I love teaching dance. I'm very excited to be back. Now I just need to get my dance muscles back so I don't hurt all the next day after teaching. Probably shouldn't have demonstrated a forward roll on my first day back. Oops.
We are already in the swing of Christmas. The tree went up over Thanksgiving weekend, though we only did 1 tree this year to simplify. Klaus likes looking at the lights and sparkly ornaments. Online shopping is underway and deliveries are coming everyday. Mama and Daddy went to Daddy's company Christmas party this past weekend while Klaus stayed with Granny Franny and Grandfather Terrance. We had a wonderful grown-up night out, and Klaus was very well behaved for Grandma and Grandpa. This week Mama and Klaus are spending our first few nights without Daddy. So far we are doing ok, but mama is a little tired and we are both missing daddy. Grandma Cher is going to spend one night with us to help out and have some fun. Shea is in Texas getting his final step done for his actuary distinction. He will come home with a diploma proving he is done testing after about 10 years. Klaus and I are so proud of him! Once he gets home it will be back to many more Christmas events.
Well, I'm off to finish laundry now before I collapse, but look for another post after Christmas. Enjoy the festive season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment