I don't really have much to report as of yet, but we've had a large influx of calls and texts come in already so I thought I should send out an update. I'm 40 weeks today and had my last doctor appointment. I've made lots of progress since last week, but baby isn't going to definitely show in the next day or so. Now, my due date isn't officially until tomorrow, and there is a chance baby will show up on its own some time this weekend. If that doesn't happen though, we are scheduled for an induction first thing Monday morning October 4th at 5am. So the good news is baby should be here in the next few days one way or the other.
Now I would like to include a caveat with this information. Even if we are induced Monday morning, it could still be Tuesday morning before baby enters the world and we are up for visitors. We want to keep family and friends informed and involved, but I really don't need and entourage at the hospital on Monday. And I'm probably not going to be feeling up to updating people all day Monday with text messages and phone calls while I'm in labor pains. In short, don't call us, we'll call you. ;)
This will be my last up date until baby arrives. We still have a phone tree in place to let everyone know as soon as baby is here. I promise to let people know as soon as we are rested and able, whether that be sometime this weekend or sometime Monday or Tuesday. I hope you all understand this is not because we don't want to share this with you or not have you involved. It is is just with a family this large, we are trying to keep our stress levels to a minimum. We would also like a little bit of privacy during this special time in mine and Shea's lives. This is a big event for us as individuals, as a couple, and as a family.
So in conclusion, BOB should be in this world in at least the next 4 days and someone will call you with all the gory details. This is your last chance to place bets on baby's sex and on name options. Wish us luck for a healthy birth and we'll see you all on the flip side.
Brandon and I are feeling like its gonna be a girl but who knows? I am so excited to be meeting BOB in November though!!!
ReplyDelete