We are in the final stretch! I just had an appointment with the doctor today. He checked my cervix for the first time, and sadly there is no progress yet. So at this point we are looking at baby probably coming right on time with the estimated due date of Oct. 2nd. The doctor doesn't want to let me go any longer than a week after my due date, so at next Wednesday's appointment if there still doesn't look to be much progress we'll go ahead and schedule my induction for the following week. I'm really hoping baby comes on its own and is just right on schedule as it has been with everything else so far. That means I'm starting the countdown today at 10 days until BOB arrives.
Other than no early baby appearance, we are still doing good. My health and BOB's health are great. I am finally at the uncomfortable and impatient period, but I'm trying to stay positive. I am continuing to do my pregnancy pilates workout pretty much everyday to help keep me in shape and reduce the aches and pains. I'm also trying to get pretty regular massages to help too. ;) The house is ready for baby. Nursery is finished. Playroom is finished. All baby equipment is purchased. Car seat is installed in the car. Baby laundry is done. We have ceiling lights installed. I've even started packing my hospital bag. So now it is just occupying my time to keep me distracted while waiting. Shea and I both are just so excited to meet baby at this point!
When baby comes: So when baby does decide to show up, we have a list compiled of people to call, emails to send, and I'll try to get a post up on here and on facebook pretty quickly too since we are taking the laptop with us. If you get the ok to come visit us at the hospital (we are having people visit us in waves since there is so much family and friends, and because I will probably be very exhausted), here is where you need to go.
We will be at Hendrick's Regional Hospital in Danville, IN on Old US 36. Enter and park on the East side of the hospital. Enter through door E4. It is just before the Emergency entrance, at the end of a landscaped walkway. Hang a right and take the first elevator you see on your left. It is the only elevator that goes to the maternity ward, which is on the 3rd floor. Actually, the maternity ward is the only thing on the 3rd floor. As soon as you come off the elevator, go straight ahead through the doors directly in front of you. That will be the waiting room. Once you get there text or call my cell and we'll let you know what room we're in and if we are ready for visitors. Please keep in mind that you really shouldn't come visit us at the hospital (or at home) if you have been recently or currently are sick (fever, cough, runny nose, etc.). If you wait until you feel better to visit us, I promise to give you plenty of baby time to make up for it. I'll give all this info again if you need it, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to post it here for reference too.
Ok, I think that is enough for one post. Feel free to start counting down with us and I promise to let everyone know when baby arrives. Talk to you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment