Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

August 19, 2010

34 weeks

Sorry it has been a while since my last post. The last few weeks have been just jammed full stuff for us. So let me see if I can fairly briefly catch you up to speed.

I had my baby shower on July 31st. Much fun was had by all! I got some great stuff and had a wonderful time getting to see everyone and catch up a little with friends and family. We even had a onesie station where people got to decorate a onesie for baby. We have a collection of cute and unique onesies now. Shea actually entertained a number of the dad's and siblings at our house during the shower too, so we got to spend time with lots of family and friends. You can see a small selection of pictures from the shower at the bottom of this post. You can see all the pictures from my shower at my Picasa site. Now I'm just taking my time washing baby things and putting things away.

The weekend immediately following my shower, we did our annual Gencon excursion. For those of you who don't know, Gencon is a big gaming convention in downtown Indy. We spend 4 days trying, buying, and playing boardgames. We also get a nice eyeful of characters in costume. We have gone enough times now we are starting to get on a first name basis with some actual boardgame designers and dealers. We have met some very nice people among the boardgame community.

The week after Gencon, I finally made a decision on a doula. It was actually a very hard decision because I met a couple very wonderful ladies whom I would have been happy to have as my doula, but in the end I could only choose one. The lady I chose is Anna Ulam. If you want to learn more about her and doulas you can check out their website (her and her sister both work together in the doula and midwife business)at http://www.babybellybirth.com/ . They also can be found on facebook.

The past two weeks, we attended a two part birth class at the hospital. We learned a lot of things and are feeling more prepared for the delivery and labor. We also got to tour the maternity ward at the hospital. I was very pleased with the maternity ward and the nursing staff there. I think this is all going to go very well. As the day approaches, I'll give you more details about where to go in the hospital to find us for a visit.

And finally to wrap up, this week starts my maternity leave. I still have a few things to compile and send to teachers who are covering for me, but I'm done teaching classes until after Thanksgiving break. Also, this week we got a new truck and sold the Beast. I was sad to see the Beast go, but I could not put a baby in it so it had to be replaced. We just picked up this Friday our 2005 Nissan Frontier. It is a crew cab pickup with just under 18,000 miles on it. We went for the manual again without power locks or windows to get a better price. I'm quite pleased with my new mom-mobile. Again, you can see pictures on Picasa.

Well, now you can see why I've been a little behind on posting. We have had a very full past few weeks. I have had a couple more doctor's appointments too. All is still well. Healthy baby and me with no foreseeable complications at the moment. Baby is getting stronger by the day and kicking me quite well. The doctor did say it looks like baby has already turned, so we shouldn't have any worry about a breech birth. My next doctor appointment is on September 1st, and from there on we will have one appointment a week until baby is born!

Ok, I've gone on long enough now. I'll catch you guys up with my more info in a few weeks. Thanks for reading.





 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment