| From Kitty Hawk NC 2010 |
I apologize for being a little behind on my posting. We have had two doctor check ups since my last post and two vacations which is why I'm a little behind.
What you might have missed: You may have heard we went on two vacations. The first was a short trip to Gatlinburg, TN with my sister Beth. I'm proud to say I hiked a total of 14 miles across (that still means up and down) the Appalachian mountains in 3 days. I did really good and didn't injury myself. Then I got home and had a coughing fit (I'd been fighting a cough/cold for about 2 weeks) and I pulled a muscle really bad in my back. That kept me down and unable to move for about 5 days. We then spent a little over a week on vacation in Kitty Hawk, NC at the beach. That helped me rest and finish healing. I did hike a little more on that trip though, just up and down a big sand dune. I'd say my muscle is back to 96% better finally and the cough and cold are completely gone. We had a very nice time with friends and family on both vacations and over the 4th of July holiday too.
The only other big news you might have missed is Shea found out he passed his last big actuary exam! We are both so relieved to have that out of the way before baby comes. He still has some seminars to attend and a paper to write before he gets his final certification, but nothing compared to the workload of those tests.
Where are we now: I'm now in the third trimester and going to the doctor every two weeks. Only 10 more weeks to D-day! B.O.B. is getting big, as you can see from the picture above, taken last week in Kitty Hawk. Baby and I are both healthy and doing good again. My recent blood work said I don't have gestational diabetes or any other issues at the moment. The baby definitely still has a set schedule of active times. You can now watch my stomach move during baby's daily exercise periods. Baby is getting strong!
I'm currently interviewing doulas for the big day. I've also been on a big crafting kick and working on lots of crocheted and knitted projects for baby. You can see a picture of one at the end of this post. I'm looking forward to my baby shower next weekend, and I'm still planning on getting a playroom painted by the end of August. I need to do that sooner rather than later since I'm starting to feel the third trimester-less energy, bigger and more awkward, stiffness and aches, etc. Only other big to do on the list right now is get a new car once Shea gets his bonus. Well, that catches you up for now. I plan to post again in just couple weeks after either my baby shower or my next doctor visit.
| From Completed Crochet Projects 2010 |
It's baby's very own Clover Bunny until they're big enough to play with the real thing. It's only about 6 inches tall. Too cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment