Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

June 22, 2010

25 Weeks

We are at 25 weeks; just a week away from the third trimester! I can't believe how fast it has gone. We had another checkup last Friday. ( I would have posted this update sooner, but we have been without internet for over a week. I made a stop at the library with my laptop to get this posted and do some other internet work.) All is looking good. I'm right on target as far as size, blood pressure, etc. We have had no complications or concerns. I'm feeling pretty good and doing my best to cope with the heat. I am definitely getting bigger though and find many everyday things more challenging. At this last appointment, they had us go ahead and schedule all the appointments throughout the rest of the pregnancy. Baby will be here before you know it!

Baby has a pretty regular schedule of active and inactive periods. It's most active usually between 10am-2pm and 8pm-11pm. I feel it move and kick plenty. We are having one strong baby. Shea and many of my other family members have gotten to feel a kick or two. Shea also tries to talk to baby at least once a day. He's such a good daddy.

We finally have the nursery finished! We also finished redoing the upstairs hallway and bathroom. Thanks to help from Shea, my mom, and Anastasia baby now has a place to come home to. Check out some pictures below. I decided to keep it simple since it is such a small room. The Pooh details are a combination of decals and my mom's painting skills. All the furniture is in place. Now I just need to add clothes, blankets, etc. as I get them. I'm hoping to get a couple more pictures to hang on the walls too.

Ok, now for the news you have all been waiting for, the sex of the baby. I'm sorry to say we have nothing to report. I asked the doctor at this appointment if he was planning on doing another ultrasound. He said he had no need, but we could schedule one for ourselves if we would like. He said we would have to do it in the next one to two weeks though or else it really wouldn't give us much information. Well, we are getting ready to leave for a short vacation this week and would have a hard time fitting it in. We would probably have to pay for it ourselves, since I don't think insurance would cover a second one. Finally, we would still need baby to cooperate during the ultrasound to see anything. So, in the end we decied not to schedule one. That means no idea on sex yet. We are just going to wait and be surprised on the big day. The nursery is already gender neutral. I'll just get gender neutral newborn clothes, which can then be used again anyway.

We went ahead and picked out a boy and girl name. We are still keeping the names secret, which isn't that big a deal since we don't know which one we will be using anyway. If you want to drive yourself insane guessing, here are the initials for the names we have chosen. Girl-F.E.P. Boy-K.A.P.

Well, that is about all the updates for now. We have a couple vacations planned in the next four weeks (and I hope to have interent back by next week), so I'll post again as soon as I can. Right now I'm gearing up for finishing the playroom and getting ready for baby shower at the end of July.



2 comments:

  1. Wow - I can't believe the DR wouldn't do an ultrasound - I thought that was pretty normal. So psyched for your little one! The kiddos are too much fun. Glad to see you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desirae?! It's so good to hear from you! I've been wanting to get in touch with you for months and all the contact info I have is out of date. Email me at angelique.parkes@gmail.com and let me know how you are doing and how to reach you.

    ReplyDelete