Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

May 14, 2010

Half Way There! -20 Weeks

We are half way there and I feel like I'm running out of time to get stuff done. Shea has been helping me get some projects done around the house for the past couple weeks, to easy my anxiety. (That's why you haven't seen us or heard from us in a while, sorry.)

Here are the basic updates. I'm feeling great and looking big. Everyone keeps telling me I still look tiny, which I really appreciate, but if you know me you can tell I'm pregnant. I have felt the occasional movement out of baby here and there. No big kicks yet; just flutters. Baby can now hear things, so when you see me feel free to talk to baby and say hi. I've had to purchase a giant pregnancy pillow to help me get comfortable and sleep at night. It works pretty well, but it takes up half our bed (sorry Shea). My doctor was busy this week, so next Friday, May 21st is our next appointment. We should get an ultrasound then and find out if it is a boy or girl. Check the blog next Friday for the big news.

Mostly we have been preparing the house. You have probably seen me posting on Facebook that I've been painting...a lot. So far we have primed and painted the nursery white. No pictures posted yet, because there isn't really anything to see. My mom is lending me her painting skills to help me paint Winnie the Pooh murals on the walls. We hope to start that next week. We have also primed and painted the guest/kids bathroom. We just need to get all the fixtures and accessories put back up in there. It is blue with rubber duckies. Again I'll hopefully post some pictures this weekend when it is complete. Finally, we hope to finish painting the stairwell and upstairs hallway tonight. After all that, the only thing left to paint and prepare is the playroom, but I'm taking a week or so off of painting before I get to that one.

We have also booked an electrician to come and install ceiling lights in about 6 rooms of our house. It would have already been done by now, but the lights we ordered were all on back order. Hope to have lighting done in June.

As you can see we are keeping busy. Next fun thing on my list to start working on is putting together a registry for the baby shower. At this point I've only got about 6 weeks to get it completed before invitations need to go out. I'm kind of in the dark on the details (Mom is surprising me)but I know it will be on Saturday, July 31st.

I'm off to paint some more. Have a nice weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Also forgot to mention that Shea is currently preparing for baby by making a list of the best ways to corrupt our child. At the top of the list currently is pervert my attempts at baby sign language.

    ReplyDelete