Another month gone, so time for another post. After all the activity early in the month of October, we took some time to not do much around here. Things are getting ready to pick up again for the holidays and new baby though. You can see from the pictures above that we did take Klaus to the Indianapolis Zoo Boo in his monster costume. He got to see animals, Daddy got to eat candy, and he liked seeing all the kids in costume. We chose to pass on the haunted house at the museum for the year. We did carve our pumpkin with a happy jack-o-lantern face. Klaus liked playing with the pumpkin guts and ate a couple bites of raw pumpkin. We didn't take him out trick-or-treating, but he did help us pass out candy. He loved watching the kids in costume come to the door and walk down our street. The kids got a kick out of him too. Only one group of older kids were wearing scarier costumes, and Klaus decided to crawl quickly back to his playroom and watch them from behind the baby gate instead of at the front door. He didn't cry though. I did share one piece of candy with him. He now loves Reese's Cups and knows what they are from just seeing the package.That's about the end of our events for the past month. We are getting ready to paint and move Klaus into his big boy room. Hope he likes it and adjusts to the new room well. Then we are just preparing for the Thanksgiving travels.
Klaus is still not walking on his own, but he is getting closer. His sign language vocabulary keeps growing. Shea and I are excited he just started occasionally doing the signs for Mama and Daddy! He is just so cute when he does some of his variations of the signs. I think our favorite though is when he asked to go in the truck. The sign is basically to pretend you are driving a steering wheel. Klaus gets so excited when he does that sign. He has adjusted to drinking whole milk and has pretty much mastered using a straw, which has come in handy when eating out at restaurants. He's getting to be my big boy, and I just love watching him experience new things. This week he is quite fascinated with using a pen to draw on paper. He even likes to click the pen (if it is a click pen) or take the cap on and off the pen over and over. I put his first "drawing" on the fridge. What can I say, I'm a mom.
Baby girl just keeps getting bigger and moving. Had a check up this week and all still looks good. She is already situated in the head down position. I can tell you exactly when she flipped down there because she started putting pressure on my sciatic nerve. Some days hurt worse than others. Klaus gets a kick out watching me stretch and get into funny positions to relieve the pain. I'm 29 weeks along today. Won't be long now! Now through the end of December I'm doing 2 week check ups at the doctor. Hope we can find time to get everything ready for her with all the holiday stuff going on. I also really hope Klaus starts walking by the time she comes. I have no idea how I'm going to carry two of them!
Ok, I'll make it a little shorter post this month. Not much new to report and I'm really tired and ready for bed. Next month look for news of our Thanksgiving travels and our preparations for Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment