Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Pregnancy Ticker

March 26, 2010

Second Trimester Begins

I haven't posted in a while because there wasn't much to report (unless of course you all wanted to hear about my nausea and diet issues). But today I finally have some interesting updates.

Today I am 13 weeks along and officially starting my second trimester. For those of you who are not or never have ready pregnancy books, the baby is now about the size of a peach. It is forming teeth and vocal cords this week, and its intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord into the baby's tummy.

I had my second OB appointment this past Monday. It didn't take long and everything looks fine still. I also got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! I was so excited! It just helped to reassure me there is a baby in there since I don't really have any proof of it daily, except for digestion issues. I was sorry Shea didn't get to hear it though. He had to skip out on that appointment to prepare for his week long business trip. He comes home today, so I get to catch him up on all the things he's missed.

I am feeling pretty good and looking forward to all the wonderfulness that I am told comes in the second trimester. I've only gained about 4 pounds and am not really showing yet, but I hope to start showing soon. My mom convinced me to go to a maternity store yesterday and I bought my first few maternity purchases. A few dresses and a pair of maternity jeans. They don't look too bad on now actually, and I must admit the jeans are quite comfy. I may actually wear a new maternity dress for Easter. We had a lot of fun shopping because they had strap on pillows in the dressing rooms to try the clothes on with. We got to see what I will look like with a bump. Pretty adorable if I do say so myself.

In closing I will say I woke up this morning on my first day of the second trimester with an urge to clean. I have cleaned all morning and plan to continue throughout the day. Hello nesting phase. I guess it is time to get started on that nursery.

2 comments:

  1. I hope we will get to see this Easter maternity dress posted up here. Those dresses are my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring/summer maternity clothing is much nicer than winter, IMO. Will you do a fashion show here? :)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete